Derek Redmond, Thomas International
TOPIC: Gunning for gold; the mindset of a successful Olympic and World athlete
- How to get the best out of the individual in order to make the team successful.
- The correct mindset needed to succeed.
- Understanding yourself as well as others in order to succeed.
One of Britain’s most famous athletes, Derek Redmond is a World and European relay champion. Having broken the British 400m record on two occasions, Derek was one of the country’s best athletes during the 1980s and 1990s. A key member of the relay squad that won gold at the 1991 World Championships in Tokyo, he competed at the highest level for over a decade.
At the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona, Derek became part of one of the most inspirational scenes in Olympic history. In the 400m semi-final Derek went into the race amongst the favourites but as he passed the 250m mark he tore his hamstring. Determined to finish the race he hobbled to the finish line with the help of his father as a 65,000-strong crowd cheered him on. This incident has since been voted one of the Olympics’ most inspirational moments by US network NBC and even referenced by Barack Obama in a presidential speech.
Derek’s story is truly inspiring and he now works as a motivational speaker and will share his remarkable story with In-house Recruitment LIVE! Manchester audiences for what is set to be an unmissable keynote presentation.
Doug Shirlaw, COSLA
James Coyle, SMRS and Rob Devlin, mydentist
Rowan Marriott, Cygnet Health Care
Louise Utton, Shop Direct
TOPIC: Continuous Innovation in Public Sector Recruitment – snapshot of a very unique hiring project
TOPIC: Employer branding: it’s everyone’s business
- Proven results on how a good employer brand benefits the wider business
- Showcasing your employer brand
- Case studies from different business sizes and industries
- How to create a stellar employer brand with a small budget
TOPIC: A marketing, consumer approach to fill vacant roles
- Using data segmentation to truly understand the job profile
- Benefits of creating candidate personas
- Structuring your content strategy around the candidate persona
TOPIC: Digital tech talent: Shop Direct’s independent approach to their apprenticeship programme
Shop Direct, the UK’s second largest pureplay etailer, is building a place full of purpose and passion for their talented teams and future recruits. Louise Utton, Early Talent Partner, will share how Shop Direct is attracting the best of digital tech talent through their early talent pipeline, including an innovative approach to recruiting apprentices.
- Learn more about how and why Shop Direct have moved away from using external apprenticeship suppliers to take an independent approach
- Find out how Shop Direct managed a major shift from lower level apprenticeships to degree level schemes
- Hear how Shop Direct built an internal support system for apprentices, utilising and upskilling their own collegaues to support the apprentices
Neil Millett, reed.co.uk
David Walstow and Caroline Hill, Creed Comms
Raj Lal, Totaljobs
Gail Bishop and Joanna Clarke, EY
TOPIC: Attracting the Future Workforce
New research from over 2,000 16-24 year olds aims to help your organisation target the next generation of talent. In this presentation we’ll look at:
- Approach and entry to work. Between undergraduate study, apprenticeships and straight-to-work, we’ll uncover the popular routes to starting a career and the employable characteristics defined by each method.
- Attitudes and aspirations. Understand what motivates the 16-24 workforce.
- Attract and retain. Recognising what will make your organisation stand out from the crowd, the best means of communicating with your target audience and how to position your brand as an employer of choice.
TOPIC: Building a World Class Employee Referral Programme
- An award-winning case study presentation, showcasing Assurant Solutions ERP
- How to improve engagement and performance
- Increasing awareness and participation
- Ensuring the rewards are right for your business. How much and when?
- How to create and communicate a programme accessible for all
TOPIC: Finding the skills to boost productivity
Recent research from totaljobs revealed that while 80% of companies expect their workload to increase in 2018, over two thirds of employers are expecting to struggle finding the staff their business needs to succeed.
Find out more about the UK productivity crisis, the skills shortage and learn how you can hire smarter and boost your organisation’s productivity in 2018 and beyond.
TOPIC: Hiring career returners
How do you bring diverse skills and experiences back into the workplace? What’s the business case for it? Learn how EY’s Reconnect programme responded to these challenges by providing a bridge back to work for career returners. Now in its third year after two successful programmes, it’s a reflection of the journey, lessons learnt, value added, and what the future could hold for the both programme and concept.
Iain Hamilton, Recruitment Bot
Richard Collins, ClickIQ
Adam Lindsay, Access Screening
Chris Rea, Prospects Hedd
Rob Symons, Smart Recruiters
James Saunders, 4MAT
Richard Carrington, Gray Healthcare
Disruptive Technology – Quick Fire Talks
Four quick-fire talks, covering how some of the latest technologies can assist in your recruitment delivery. Topics include Chatbots, AI, Quantifying The Qualitative – Automated Background Screening & more
TOPIC: Recruitment deserves its own Suite: Creating a holistic approach to recruitment processes
Talent Acquisition is often the most fragmented process within an organisation. But organisational excellence within talent acquisition is driven through consistency, both when communicating with candidates as well as internal stakeholders. With so many separate tools and recruiting aids, how does a company keep it together? Learn how one organisation used the integrated marketplace on SmartRecruiters to leverage the best tools the HR tech space has to offer – while offering candidates a fully branded, seamless experience.
TOPIC: The ‘Amazon Effect’: The Future of Careers Sites
Ahead of the publishing of the white paper on ‘The Future of Careers Sites’ by Matt Alder (Metashift), 4MAT present the findings of this piece of research that will help you understand the changing nature of the careers site, offering an insight into modern candidate expectations, the growing power of the career site in direct sourcing and how to make your career site the hub of your employer brand and recruitment marketing activity. Using examples from the likes of Harrods and Vodafone this session will explore:
- The real world of job seeker behaviour
- The relationship between e-commerce and recruitment technology
- The importance of ATS integration (and what it actually means!)
- Delving into SEO, Google for Jobs, social engagement and direct sourcing
- How to make the careers site the heart of your employer brand strategy and recruitment marketing
TOPIC: Using recruitment data to make better business decisions
- How to use data to identify opportunities and challenges
- Building a strategy to fight the challenges based on your insight
- Integrating your findings into your new hire strategy for those “tough to fill” roles
- How to really understand your hires and improve their on-boarding and retention rates
- Empowering the business through shared data
Peter Gold, Cornerstone
Alan Walker, #ChatTalent & Stanislaw Wasowicz, Vonq
Claire Ronan, Wilko
Betty Encinales, Inspiring Search
TOPIC: The rise of Recruitment Technology: Automation, AI, VR and more
TOPIC: Predictive Hiring is no longer the future. It’s here and it’s here to stay!
During this session Alan Walker will address the development of talent acquisition and the related technologies over the years. Stanislaw Wasowicz will then explain how you to increase the predictability of your hiring process by approaching it strategically, capturing the right data and adding some machine learning flavor to it.
TOPIC: Elevating your Senior Hires Strategy to the Next Level
- Coping with the up and downscaling of business demand
- How to ensure you offer significant value and a strong ROI to your business
- Market trends, skills and salaries
- The ability to effortlessly switch between industry and skills sectors
- How to build your employer brand and talent attraction strategy
- The very best tools and tech
TOPIC: How to attract/engage and retain talent among graduates
- Methods of Communication
- How to attract top graduates
- How to engage the best talent
- How to retain the best graduates
- Top graduate recruitment tips
Ben Gledhill, Yodel
Scott Hardie, American Express
Mark Rhodes, reed.co.uk
James Saunders, 4MAT
Kevin Green, Good Recruitment Campaign
Joe Howell, Blue Square Marketing
PANEL DISCUSSION: “How to beat the Talent shortage”
TOPIC: Why our jobs matter now more than ever before
- The future of jobs
- Skills shortages
- How acceleration of tech is changing the marketplace
- The causes of the impending talent crises
- How to apply AE=P to thrive in tomorrow’s talent market
- Why Good Recruitment is part of the answer
TOPIC: Hiring tech talent in a competitive marketplace
- The importance of speed in securing the talent you need
- Where and how to engage with potential candidates
- Culture Vs Technical – what is the right balance to say yes?
- Developing and progressing diversity within tech talent
TOPIC: Recruitment tools and technologies already at your disposal
- Modern, readily available tools and techs at your disposal, no matter the budget
- How embracing social platforms can improve the quality of hire
- Understanding what works for you e.g. whatsapp, video and skype
Richard Hutchinson, Capita
Michelle Woods & Laura Shelton, Grant Thornton
Jared Massey, 2 Sisters Food Group
Alexandra Bairstow, Alexandra Bairstow Consulting
TOPIC: Building a first class recruitment experience for Candidates, Hiring Managers & Recruiters
- Key principals of building an effective technology strategy
- Some key technologies in the market
- How to understand impact of technology on solution
TOPIC: Providing improved quality hires through enhanced assessment and selection
- Moving from competency based to potential and future focused assessment
- Connecting our assessment and selection methods to our firm’s purpose
- Creating a lean, efficient and commercial resourcing function that is focused on value add and output
- Shifting away from a process and an assessment to move to an immersive experience throughout
- Continuing to ensure candidate experience is threaded through our whole journey from application to offer
- Improving the hiring of our trainee talent as well as saving our business time and money
TOPIC: How to create and refine a direct sourcing strategy
- Attracting talent without a strong brand
- Tools to be used in going after the passive market
- Innovations to use alongside good old fashioned techniques and processes.
- How 2 Sisters Food Group work to overcome the shortage of talent
TOPIC: Social Recruiting Success
- Creating a social media recruitment strategy, underpinning your Employer Brand
- Understanding and utilising the right social channels for you
- Maximising candidate reach
- Measuring and monitoring brand presence
Peter Hogg, Schneider Electric
Stuart McKenna, Manchester Metropolitan University
Sam Jackson, Mencap
Iain Hamilton, Recruitment Bot
TOPIC: Flexibility: The Future of Employment
Flexibility at work is crucial to becoming an agile and attractive company. The workplace should allow employees to effectively manage their work, life and family needs. Being truly global means thinking globally about talent and how to build flexibility into organisation culture. At Schneider Electric we need access to the best talent wherever it is, to appeal to the demands of millennial modern life and to improve the wellbeing of all five generations in our workforce.
TOPIC: Equality & Diversity: Beyond Policy and Compliance to Inclusion
- Becoming a Stonewall Top 100 Employer
- Developing tools that make a real difference in attracting and retaining disabled talent
- Interrogating your talent pipeline for gender (in)equality
TOPIC: Managing volume recruitment under high business pressure
- Quality v Quantity and maintaining a high standard of candidates
- Promoting and protecting the employer brand through the volume recruitment process
- Ensuring a positive candidate experience along the way
- Best sources to recruit in volume
- Measuring Success
TOPIC: Recruitment Technology using Chatbots in your Recruitment Strategy
- Technologies to help transform your delivery
- How tech can deliver a better candidate journey, retention and time to hire
- Process improvements through robotics and automation